half-life counterstrike latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what happen. I have had great latency 10-30 in the servers i play. know it is at 300+. I checked my download rate and it is 186 that is better then 150 the normal rate. So my connection is good. It must be a couterstrike setting. I changed rate20000,cl_rate9999,cl_cmdrate101,cl_updaterate101 and changed ex_interp0.01 all are fine and still have bad latency can anyone help????

It could be a problem with the server itself. If you are playing on random servers, if it isn't located near you then you will have more problems with higher latency. If you are playing on the same server over and over again, then it might be a sudden surge in server load and it is causing everyone on the server to have higher ping rates.

If you are connecting to random servers, try connecting to one that you remember giving you a good ping, if you are connecting to the same one, try giving it some time, as it might just be overloaded.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

I also have the same problem

I have the same problem with this. I have steam, i had just reformat my computer and just installed cs and steam
it only happens to be steam that laggs me. i usually also had good latency, but now after i had gotten steam it was at 500+ thats odd. i have been trying to gain help but none yet. I have also just trying to get the cs.V1.6.complete and i have found it an i am currently downloading it. if anyone knows wut is the problem please reply.... thnx

10-30 ping = very close servers
turn down the rates and expieriment each server is different in its capabilities

i get like 50 lag cuz i limit the server to usa-west so it its closer to me. steam has location filters such as usa-west, usa-east, europe, asia, and world so use them

Make sure you have no processes running in the background too... I'd check task manager to see if there's stuff running that shouldn't be running, you know? That always helps in dropping the ping.

Thnx anyway

i appreciate ur helpnow, but i've already got my problem solved, yet i still dunno da problem. i've also tried closing all programs exept for systray and explorer and steam. I still lagged at da same amount. but now i've downloaded the cs_v1.6_complete.exe and inever lagged unless i got more things running or more games installed. my computer is not so new. thnx for u help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back