TechSpot

Half of all in-app game purchases originate from just 0.15 percent of players

By Shawn Knight
Feb 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Free-to-play (F2P) has proven to be a lucrative business model for app developers but according to a new report, half of all ad revenue from F2P games comes from just 0.15 percent of players. That's a sobering percentage no matter...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Yeee iii eeeee iii eee hhh ooo uuu iiii

Translation:
    I am one of those whales

3. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 350   +103

PC F2P is where I've spent a lot, obviously across multiple years. Mobile will never have it's hooks on me, because I just simply don't have a phone. Just like I'm not using Facebook, it must be a total sin and I must be some outsider.

Or it could be a phone is a waste of cash, and 90% of my time is at home so why get it for useless things? That's just my general thoughts on that specific subject. Also Facebook is just wanting your info, which it can get from your friends already. Don't feed it more info about you yourself. :p

4. I have spent a lot on a few free to play PC games. I've never spent money on games that allow you to buy your way through or gain an advantage. The current game I am supporting is Path of Exile, it is free to play but not pay to win. I began playing during the closed beta, and I've spent close to $500 in the last couple years on it.

As for mobile apps, I've spent maybe $15 on buying certain apps. Other than that, I haven't spent any money on in app purchases.

Then again I rarely play games on my phone. I use it for the following: Phone, Messaging, Skype, Email, Web browsing, Calculator, Notes, Alarm, Calendar, and Youtube.

That is probably an accurate list of everything I use my phone for. I have a gaming desktop computer for everything else.

5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,254   +222

Facebook is a useful tool for both communication and marketing. Your information is already floating around the web most likely and in the hands of people you might not want.