TechSpot

Halo 4 to launch November 6, featured on Conan O'Brien tonight

By Rick
Apr 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Various news sources have been keeping us steeped in rumors for some time now, but Microsoft spoiled all the fun today. Although we've known Halo 4 has been on the...

Read the whole story

2. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Its better not to have it, than having a mediocre port to PC :) Besides since they announced Halo Wars only on Xbox i just took Halo like a big fart. (No trolling intended)

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,924   +373

Been on waypoint for ages, its disappointing how sad things are turning out with halo 4.

4. Anyone doubting on this game is pretty dumb.

5. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

I doubt it can ever live up to the first one although it is a welcome addition nonetheless. I just hope they don't sacrifice the campaign gameplay for the multiplayer/online aspect. The port of 1 and 2 were just fine IMO and I would much rather play it on pc than Xbox. Imagine what it could have been if it was originally a pc game. Not as big commercially but a lot more impressive I imagine.

6. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

If there's anything to be learned from the past few years of game development it's that doubting a big releases is often the smartest thing you can do.

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,540   +321

Couldn't agree more.

8. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

M$ is developing a nasty habit of annoying me. If it tries to ruin our Halo Mania, it's time for gamers to teach it some manners.
    Xbox is a piece of junk, IMAO. Halo belongs to the PC, and it should remain that way. We saw what a port can look like way back in Truth And Reconciliation.

9. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

Ditto..

have the ps3 after massive failures of the xbox after xbox after xbox...
    the xbox is a peice of doo doo..

:)

10. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,087   +715

I know i'll probably forget, but I think i'll write in Master Chief for Prez.

11. HALO 4? WTH!!!? Shouldn't this be Halo 7 or 8?

12. Uhhmmm... M$oft.. Why not a new exclusive...? Am tired of HALO. Thank goodness for the PS3 or else I wouldn't have any games to play

13. Are you kidding? I know everyone loves Halo... I do to. I really wanted them to develop this on the 720 and not the 360. 360 tech is so dead.... in fact, it's more obsolete than my office computer. Don't worry, I'll buy it but I really think the Halo universe would benefit from the wonders of advanced graphics, real physics, and directX 11 instruction sets.

14. I could agree more Halo should be released on PC !!!! But MS will not do that, just like they wont have cross platform game play!!! They make more money on that junk Xbox.

15. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,924   +373

Anyone who is blindly optimistic is dumb.

16. Seriously halo sucks and what makes it worst ... Xbox sucks and it's a dead technology ... It's time MS admits that BluRay is better and 3D is the new hit with gaming .... Such a launch of their best franchise game should at least be on the new upcoming hardware "720" and should be 3D

17. Halo has gone down hill since Halo 2. I bought 3 and Reach which were not up to the same standard as #2. Halo's time in the sun is over.....:'(

18. Halo is a great franchise, I just hope that 4 can live up to the rather high bar set by Reach and 3. I wish that it were released for the PC as well, my pc is about 5 times as powerful as my xbox. I am still looking forward to being the Master Chief again, I missed his stone cold badass feeling, that's not to say Noble 6 wasn't cool, but he wasnt a Chief.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.