Halo: Reach available in two special edition packages

By Matthew
Apr 23, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft and Bungie have announced that, along with the standard $60 offering, Halo: Reach will ship in two pricier special edition packages -- depending on how loyal of a fan you are.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

I'm under the impression that the last Halo game wasn't that well received. Wonder how many of these high-end pre-orders they'll actually sell.
  3. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 541

I will buy the $80 one but not the $150. In the Uk they end up about £20 cheaper if you shop around anyway. These prices are RRP. WIll be cheaper.
    ''depending on how loyal of a fan you are''
    Im sorry I am a Loyal Halo fan. Played since Halo 1. I can not afford the most expensive one. If I could I would but I can't.
  4. That game is still around??? Meh....Halo days are long over.
  5. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 585   +45

"For only 250% of the Standard Edition price, you can get the Legendary Edition which includes a 10 pound rock!"

I seriously don't understand how anybody could shell out that much just for a "Limited Edition". It's a game. That's more than half of the price for a full console.
  6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

I wonder if they are going to mass product the legendary one like they did for Halo 3. If so I think I'll pick one up in 9 months when they are 1/3 the price.
  7. the only reason i would ever buy the legendary edition would be for the flaming head...that statue thing is just stupid. but i wont buy it because i would have to pay more than twice as much for some hugeass box and a stupid statue...still...flaming head...*salivating* the limited edition looks good though.
  8. didn't play odst,but a fan of the first 3,the statue looks sick,collect em,so i'll have to make room for this one.
  9. Nah dude, they are only doing Preorder. Its the whole "last game" thing. They wanna keep it like a collectable.
  10. Armanian

Armanian Newcomer, in training Posts: 32

Just pre-ordered my Legendary Kit, the spartan armour is FLAMIN HOT! lol
  11. To all the people who have doubts about Halo 3: Reach
    Halo 3 sold 8 million copies, and it is still on of the most played games on the consoles. With Reach being bigger and better, there is no doubt in my mind that it will execed expectations. I will probley buy the $150

12. i am a loyal halo fan.... you know one of those people that wish they could play halo 24/7
    but even i cant see payinf that much.. just buy the limited edition and you get both spartan and
    elite armor... flaming head is too much of a target lol
  13. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

if i were forced to play halo 24/7 i would execute myself. way too much mediocre-ness for me

there's no way Bungie can top the original, so from my perspective the game isn't even worth paying the regular $60
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.