TechSpot

Halo: Reach sales generate $200 million in first day

By Emil
Sep 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has revealed that its latest video game, Halo: Reach (review), has generated $200 million in global sales on its launch day, as first posted by TechFlash. Reach starts at $60, with special editions priced at $80 and $250, while a special Xbox console plus the new version of the game goes for $400.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,508   +550

Wow...that's a hunk of change. It cost $160 million to develop the game so they already have a $40 million profit in one day.

I'm curious to see what the PC-only Civilization V sales are going to be when it is released next Tuesday. I know I already have my pre-order in. :D

3. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Booster Posts: 164

i actually enjoyed this halo

4. seronx

seronx TS Rookie Posts: 26

Bungie is rich and now they are going to the money grubbin croc Kotick lol

5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 973   +84

Civilization V is being released Tuesday? A crap I forgot to pre-order, guess that's what happens when when you're local EB closes.

6. Prosercunus

Prosercunus TS Enthusiast Posts: 129   +12

I ordered Halo: Reach off Amazon and used my $20 credit I got from that to order Civ V for 30 dollars. Cant go wrong. I got Reach on day of release and have yet to jump into it.

So basically this weekend is revolving around Halo: Reach and Football.

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

This isn't to surprising, I think most expected Reach to be a huge seller and likely outsell Halo 3 on the first day.

@Proser Likewise got Halo same day from Amazon and enjoying it so far. But I haven't decided on what game to use my credit.

@Tekk You still have time just head on over to Amazon and pre-order for same day delivery.

8. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

Believe me when I say that the GameStop's that replaced them aren't any better. I'd rather see nothing than that hellhole.