Halo: Reach sales generate $200 million in first day

By Emil
Sep 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has revealed that its latest video game, Halo: Reach (review), has generated $200 million in global sales on its launch day, as first posted by TechFlash. Reach starts at $60, with special editions priced at $80 and $250, while a special Xbox console plus the new version of the game goes for $400.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,228   +314

Wow...that's a hunk of change. It cost $160 million to develop the game so they already have a $40 million profit in one day.

I'm curious to see what the PC-only Civilization V sales are going to be when it is released next Tuesday. I know I already have my pre-order in. :D
  3. Zilliak

Zilliak TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 233

i actually enjoyed this halo
  4. seronx

seronx Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

Bungie is rich and now they are going to the money grubbin croc Kotick lol
  5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 879   +52

Civilization V is being released Tuesday? A crap I forgot to pre-order, guess that's what happens when when you're local EB closes.
  6. Prosercunus

Prosercunus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 113   +8

I ordered Halo: Reach off Amazon and used my $20 credit I got from that to order Civ V for 30 dollars. Cant go wrong. I got Reach on day of release and have yet to jump into it.

So basically this weekend is revolving around Halo: Reach and Football.
  7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388   +13

This isn't to surprising, I think most expected Reach to be a huge seller and likely outsell Halo 3 on the first day.

@Proser Likewise got Halo same day from Amazon and enjoying it so far. But I haven't decided on what game to use my credit.

@Tekk You still have time just head on over to Amazon and pre-order for same day delivery.
  8. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Believe me when I say that the GameStop's that replaced them aren't any better. I'd rather see nothing than that hellhole.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.