TechSpot

Happy Birthday: The ThinkPad turns 20 years old today

By Shawn Knight
Oct 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo is celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the ThinkPad today by releasing a collection of classic media designed to guide consumers along a trip down memory lane. The ThinkPad line, named after a classic notepad given to IBM employees...

Read more
  2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

I've got a Thinkpad T40 It's a great laptop!
    Upgraded CPU to Pentium M 765 2.1Ghz & RAM to 2GB, it works really well :)
  3. veryfriendlee

veryfriendlee TS Rookie

I still use my R31 & R32 Thinkpads still today. Solid as a rock. only gripe. Plastic was inferior and always cracked by hinges. But other than that superb.
  4. p0werfuse

p0werfuse TS Rookie

I love my thinkpad!
  5. Still using my W700 , looking to get a w530 soon, anyone know the best time they offer their discount deals
  6. Here is some legit "revolutionary" and "innovative" piece of equipment not some apple crap..
    Arris likes this.
  7. I wish the guy with the camera wasn't drunk. The constant swaying in the video makes me seasick, I can't actually see any details of the old models, it's worse than MTV.
  8. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +31

My first laptop (after I left the smaller alternatives like the Psion 5mx) was a used Thinkpad X21 I bought on eBay and whose disk IBM restored to the factory setting for me for free (because it came with an unlicensed Windows XP and I didn't like that). I currently have a Thinkpad X120e.

I hate touchpads and I love the trackpoint. To me that's a big selling point, which is why the Thinkpad is always a good choice for me. My Fujitsu P1510D, my previous small laptop, also had one.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.