Hard drive cannot be detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, i have a dell latitude d400 laptop which accidentally fell. after which, i tried booting up the computer, but after the start up mode.. my hard drive cannot be detected anymore. tried to use a boot up disk and also used Bart PE OS to try to decrypt the hard disk so that i could retrieve my files. unfortunately, the decryption process stopped at 69%, adnwhen i try to use the Bart PE OS, the hard drive cannot be detected by the system.. also, i tried to remove the HDD itself and used an IDE to usb connector to try and retrieve the files via my desktop. sadly, the hardware cannot be detected by the desktop as well..

any other ways of how i can retrieve my files?? very important.. need help asap. thanks!

Unless the bios can see your drive, you are out of luck. Check in bios setup to see if the drive is there. If not, your only option would to send it a data recovery service (major $$$) Sorry to relay bad news

so u mean the problem's with the hardware itself already??! ouch.. yah i know.. major $$$ alright.. T_T

many thanks!

Yeah, probably something broken inside the drive, they are pretty fragile. No programs will be able to access the drive unless the bios sees it. If the bios says no drive detected that is pretty much end of story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back