Hard Drive Error After using Disk Drill

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had the same happening to them or even better if anyone knows how to save my hard drive!

The external HDD is an 1,5 month old Western Digital hard drive 2 TB, was working perfectly fine before this incident.

I had some jpg files that I accidentally deleted from my ext. HDD so I used disk drill in order to try to recover the files, disk drill estimated the process to app. 4 hours and during this time I could hear the hard drive making some noises, usually it is very quiet. When the process was done I saved the recovered images to my mac hard drive and saved the session. All seemed fine so I dismounted the WD HDD, the image disappeared but when I unplugged the USB an error message showed up saying I hadn't disconnected it properly.

Now when I try to connect the WD HDD it makes heaps of noises and clicking sounds and it doesn't show up as a device on mac.

I tried to open the saved session when WD HDD was connected but a message that I needed to connect the device showed up in disk drill.

I restarted mac plugged in the HDD and opened disk drill once again and now I get this message:

"Dead disk detected
The disk "WD My Passport 0748 Media" seems to be non-responsive (dead). Unfortunately, you won't be able to recover any data from it without hardware intrusion. As a quick recommendation, please try to reconnect it to your Mac."

I am devastated, everything was working fine previously I just wanted to recover 5 jpg images and instead I lost everything on my HDD that contained a lot of really important data.

Please, please help me solve this.

I only use WD drives here. WD Passports sometimes they don't work. What I do is this.
Place one in a ziplock bag and stick it into the freezer for 3 hrs or longer.
Thaw-it or use-it while it comes to life while you connect to a USB source like a PC
Most of the time the Passport will continue to work again. It all depends on the condition of it.

Clicking or clunking means the HDD is going bad.
In the pass others would say to use a screw driver handle and hit the drive.
But I always use the freezing method and it works enough to recover the data.
If the HDD is too far gone then nope not going to work.

Back