Hard Drive Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
[LEFT]Hello all, I recently installed a window's update and a message had appeared saying that it had failed to write to my 2nd SATA drive. Upon restarting the computer, the second SATA drive started to make clicking noises on some occassions. My first thought is that the HDD is experiencing mechanical failure, but it was working perfectly fine before the window's update. BIOS no longer recognizes the second SATA drive, and if I have it connected to the mobo, windows fails to start up. My primary SATA drive is still working fine and has my OS and when it is the only thing attached to the mobo, windows starts up normally.

Does anyone has a suggestion or idea if the HDD failure is due to the window's update or was it simply a coincidence that my HDD decided to fail at the time of the update?

Any replies would be appreciated, thanks.
[/LEFT]

Sue Microsoft immediately :D!

Try attaching it to another SATA port on the motherboard and/or attaching it to the motherboard with another SATA cable. Honestly, if the drive is no longer recognize by the BIOS or Disk Management (Start>Run>diskmgmt.msc>Ok), the drive has indeed failed and it was probably just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back