Hard drive light solid red. There are no indications of a hardware malfunction

How does the hard drive communicate with the red led light? I think i just have a bad bulb because there are no indications that the hard drive is failing. chdsk found no problems Don't' tell me to flash my bios or any other nonsense. Only reply if you know what ur taking about. So don't waste my time

have you tried turning the hdd led connector plug around on the motherboard its proberbly got the plus and minus on the wrong pins which is making the LED solid and not flash

You almost certainly plugged it in wrong like shaneio said.

Also, I don't think you are in any position to tell us what or what not to tell you. It comes across as pretty rude. You are the one with the problem, and you came to us for advice.

If you were suspecting people were going to tell you to flash your BIOS perhaps it would have been better to just say "I don't think a BIOS update would fix this because...." or "I already have the newest BIOS revision."

Then on top of that you had to end with lame 'ur' instead of typing it out, and furthermore another sentence about only replying if you know what you are talking about.

Perhaps you should read the guide in my signature if you plan on sticking around.

mine is the same it was ok on xp but as soon as my intel 40gig ssd hd was set up on xp/win7 it dont work or if u put the wire on other way its on all the time,is there a fix ,,,?????

Back