Hard Drive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cRaZi_RiCaN

My friend's computer stop working at every boot up it would display a blue screen with this error message:

Stop: 0x00000050 (0xd27a4e8a, 0x00000000, 0x80401ccb, 0x000000001)
Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area
Adress 80401ccb base at 80400000, DateStamp 3cc6c002- ntoskrnl.exe

I attempt to format it on my computer but at boot up i get another vlue screen with this error:

Stop: 0x0000007b (0xeb81f84c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Inaccessible_Boot_Device

Can anyone tell me whats wrong in both cases, and how to fix it? Thanks.

Sorry but i have no idea to what to do with the bootable thing. Also how can i check if its still accessible? Should i put it as a slave? thanks.

Newcomer

Set the hard drive to slave and check to see if you can view anything on the slave on your computer. When you see that is a actual drive letter(D) or whatever letter windows gives you. If you are using XP just right click on the drive letter of your friends drive and Format that will erase all existing files on the drive, then do a clean install with whatever os you enjoy

Thanks guys i got into the other ahrdrive im doing scans now theres a lot of adware and trojans, those can prevent a Hard Drive from booting up right?

i assume its the drive that has winxp on it?

some do, and the most annoying ones are those that infect the master boot section of the hdd.. which i suggest removing them, put it back in it original pc and creating rescue disks from your antivirus prog, update the def. files on that and boot from it. run, scan, remove.

also might want to run it on the piggyback pc you just hooked up to if you did find one..

when it does get to boot up, or if it doesnt stick in your winxp cd, goto recovery console and do a chkdisk /f . fix any errors and try rebooting, otherwise you may need to fix teh boot sector.. also download the hdd utility soft. from the manufacturer and scan with that to see if theres any hardware probs

The HD that broke down has win 2000 on it I scanned it and cleaned all that Norton could find but i ahvnt tried booting from it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back