Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsland

This is my first real tech help question

I have this laptop:

Toshiba PM725

Model Name: PORTEGE A200 PM1.6, 12.1"TFT
Toshiba Model-Part No: PP415A-006002

And I can't work out, how to remove the HardDrive !

On the underneath side, there is ONLY a battery cover removal (well the battery itself)

There are no other covers (none!)

Where's the HardDrive? (And for that matter the Ram?)

I checked online for an hour or so, and got all these A200 info, that's not this particular Laptop (there must be lots of designs)
I got Toshiba dissasemble guides all over the place, they all said remove the Hard Drive cover, underneath (Nope!)

I checked under the keyboard, not there either

Where's the Hard Drive?

I would suspect, since it is a small laptop, the drive is internal, under the keyboard, or palmrest area, and you will have to disassemble the machine to swap it out. Toshiba is very poor when it comes to providing any type of service info, or spare parts, in my opinion, anyway.

You can get a copy of the schematics by calling National Parts Depot, then downloading it to print it out. The gal there, Jessica Kolb <http://www.nationalparts.com/store> is very very helpful. You will need all the Toshiba numbers, of course.

It is under the keyboard in that series of Toshiba's, and you remove the keyboard by the screws on the bottom of the computer and in the battery well.

How irratating, I have to pull the palm rest off (not literally) to remove the HardDrive (probably screen has to come off too (no doubt)

Thanks guys, so I wasn't going mad then. I was beginning to think it was some type of flash drive on board (the next generation of HardDrive to become normal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back