Hard drive + security problems...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

i have just installed windows xp home edition onto a new samsung sp2504c 250gb 8mb sats hard drive. i havent downloaded or installed anything yet as i want to make sure my computer is protected first. what am i better doing? i have pcgaurd which i got with telewest broadband which has antivirus, pop up blocker, etc - should i install + use this?. or. should i download avgfree + ad aware? if so what else would i need for protection? also, my 250gb hdd isnt registering as 250gb. its only saying 232gb when i go to my computer then look at local disk(c:) - can i fix this so i get the 250gb? any help would be much appreciated.... thank you in advance

Try what you have. If you don't like it change to something different. I'm sure it will protect you the best it could. Just don't use Internet Explorer use Firefox or Opera to avoid some malware/spyware. I would also download SpywareBlaster, All you have to do is update often and enable all protection and the program blocks alot of stuff in the background, and it's free. Also run a software firewall (Zone Alarm, Sygate) if your all-in-one doesn't have one.

make sure you only run one firewall software and one av at a time
I stay away from zoneAlarm and norton product
I use outpost firewall the best for me in firewall protection
not as complicated as blackice not a stupid as (others)HHMMM
I don't run AV at all no virus since middle of last yr
and I did that myself with stupid installer program (free)should always check source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back