Hard drive wiped out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My windows wasnt booting up so i reinstalled windows and basicly wiped my hard drive now the comp works but evrything is gone. drivers internet connection and pretty much everything. Can someone give me step by step help re set these things up and get my comp working again please

To get your drivers back all you need to do is go to whatever site manufactured your computer. Dell, Toshiba, Hp, etc...

When you go to the site search around for the link on drivers. Then you'll have a list that comes up with all the computer made by that manufacturer and you find yours then it should simply lead you to your drivers.

Example mine is a Dell E510 so i search on the drivers list click that and then it will pull up my drivers.

thanks but i dont have internet so therefore i cannot go to the dell website i need to set up an internet i have comcast high speed but i cannot seem to figure out a way to set it up

how do i get internet

how can i reset up my internet conection so that i can go online and download the drivers that i need?

discs

unfortunatly i bought the comp off my brother and he no longer has the discs he said however that there was a way to set up and internet connection without the dics

'SOME' internet software/NIC will work with MS$ drivers that are in XP/XP Pro - hopefully cranky ole' joebeard will browse here and tell you how to use that resource (if possible).

You can choose your friends, but not your family...

I'm guessing that your brother bought another computer, so it's time to hit him up for a favor. You need to figure out which motherboard is in your machine, then hit the manufacturer's site for drivers. Then download them, and burn them to a CD. The internet won't work until you install the "LAN" driver. (Local Area Network). try and find the "chipset identification utility", and install that first. (This if it's an Intel chipset).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back