Hard Drive wont start.

By FastPat
Dec 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just built a new computer everything is in it's right place, all connections have been triple checked, the only thing I haven't yet put in it's place is the case wiring for the on/of, reset, LED light blah blah blah because my MB allows me to just turn the computer off and on with little buttons on he bottm.

Anyways, I start it all up all the lights on the MB come on when I actaully turn on the computer 'manually' everything fires up except my hard drive and the monitor has a blank black screen. No beeps, no flashing lights nothing just blank fans firing away.

I have taken out and re sat the CPU, tried differn't RAM, tried without the Video card (it just beeped at me) I can't really think of anything else.

The MB is a Nforce 680i SE, CPU is a Intel Core 2 Quad, Video card: EVGA 8800 GT, and the RAM I used is OCZ PC2 6400 dual Channel.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

wrong forum. post in the storage forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.