hard drve problems

By britishbazz
Apr 2, 2006
  1. can someone help me plz
    my hardrive crashed and when i started it back up again i had lost 50gb of my hard drive it says i only have 7gb harddrive but i no its a 60 gb harddrive.
    when i start my pc it goes as far as the startup screen and then shuts down and try's to reeboot
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check you hard drive with the most appropriate of these utilities for your drive HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. britishbazz

britishbazz TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi again , thanks for your suggestion but i cant get the hard drive to boot up to run a test on it
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

The hard drive utilities, run from a floppy disk that is bootable, or from a bootable cd.

There wouldn`t be much point in having hard drive utilities to test a drive, if you had to have a working hard drive.

Regards Howard :)
  5. lukeyu

lukeyu TS Rookie

How big can you see the hard drive in BIOS?
  6. britishbazz

britishbazz TS Rookie Topic Starter

in the hard drive 1 says 7gb and the other says 53 but the 1 that says 53 sayss that its damaged
  7. lukeyu

lukeyu TS Rookie

I suggest you send your hard drive to professional data recovery company.
  8. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

and look up backtrack linux boot disc
    few more boot recovery softwares out there
    and my spam for today data recovery gets it our you don't pay
    I will be updating my website to reflect links to all major sourceforge free softwares and the software that I bought to do data recovery
    that goes for techspot to
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.