Hard Freeze while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have a big problem with my pc. I have the PC for 1 month. Everything was working excellent till now, when sudenly the problem started. I didn't install anything,change anything prior to the problem.
So here is the problem -when i try to play any game after max 5 minutes there is a hard freeze. The picture stay the last frame and the sound is repeating. My mouse is not functioning, also the keyboard,i can not press ctrl+alt+delete or anything else. The only thing i can do is manually shut down, or disconnect the power cord.
It also happens when i start AMD Overdrive and after 5-10 seconds FREEZE. When i am on net there is no freeze, so it looks like it only happens during heavy-duty activities.
I think the problem is ether the motherboard or processor, because i put new graphic card and the problem is still here. I checked the RAM and it is ok, put new RAM the problem is here. I put new hard disk i still have problem. I changed the PSU still having the same issues.
So my conclusion is that the motherboard or the processor is bad.

Can you help me somehow, give me advice or if you had similar experience, to tell me whats the problem. Thanks

And i don't think that the problem is because of the temperatures. I have Cooler Master 212, and the processor temps are 21-24C idle and 35C at load. The temps of the VGA are 50C at idle and 65 at load. The Motherboard is around 40 C Degrese.

BTW i have the latest bios, drivers and everything. It is not because of Vista, because it happens in XP too.
When i reboot it doesn't report anything, like nothing happened.

My system is:
Processor: Phenom II 720 BE
Motherboard: gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
VGA: Galaxy GeForce 8800GT
2x2gb Apacer RAM DDRII 800
Vista 64 bit
PSU: Cooler Master silent pro 700

It must be a defective video card. A card that fails in high demand. This is usually caused by drivers but... You have tried drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back