TechSpot

Hardware freeware

By Jack421
Apr 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I need to check the current Hardware to see if any hardware on my laptop has any damage to it, can anyone recommend some good freeware for this checkup! I had recently run into rain problem with my laptop in my back pack and want to run a full diagnostic to make sure all hardware components are working. I want to know if something is not showing up visually to me that might be broken so I can get it replaced! Would I know if some circuits on the mother board were fried, any help in this check up is much appreciated! The back pack was closed it was a light drizzle I ask because afterward my battery appears to have died! A lot people say I can only tell hardware damage by opening my laptop, unfortunately I find it hard to get to mother board on this one and find it only easy to get to memory and Hard drive!

2. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,556   +18

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.