Hardware not FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people, hey coudl somebody help me? my problem is that every time I turn on my computer, i get this black screen that says: Secondary hard drive not founf, Press F1 to continue or F2 for setup. I have opened my CPU and the cable for the CD-ROM drive is properly connected. What else could it be?

I would appreciate your answers,

Mary McBoland

Also you could maybe fully disconnect your CD drive and see if that helps.

I know it did on another machine which was always hanging at the screen which checks all you hardware. One of the drives had been faulty.

thanks

Thank you guys for your replies. I appreciate it.

I have one more question: my computer is a dell 8200, im trying to buy a DVD drive to install it, but I was wondering, do I need to buy any brand or does it has to be from Dell? will my computer get messed if i install another DVD drive?

thanks
ari

you can use any brand. just make sure you set the jumper on it correctly, Fell's usually use the CS ( Cable select) jumper setting.

You can put in any IDE DVD drive you like. Just check that you have a place to put the new drive to. You need an empty 5.25" bay or you have to take out your existing CD-ROM.

If you have a small form factor dektop, then you may have a slim CD-ROM drive and you can only replace it with a slim DVD drive.

drives

Ok guys, sorry but I have another question, I appreciate all your answers, you guys rock. The thing is that I have a Dell 8200, but now I wanna buy some stuff for my computer such as: LCD flat panel, DVD-RW drive and an optical mouse. Question is: Can I buy any brand of monitor, anykind of dvd, any brand of mouse? or do all have to be Dell brand?

Thanks guys,

Good day,

Katmandu

Any brand is alright.

Although I have noticed some brands not enjoying to work together (eg. CD's burnt on LG not working in Samsung), but you should have no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back