Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iCharles

Hi,

I just bought Half Blood Prince/HP6 and installed it properly but when I run the game, the graphics are like transparent but the Cinematics/Movie is very excellent. I don't know what's wrong. Please help.

dxdiag
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2(CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card
Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Chip Type: GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 1017 MB
Current Display MOde: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit)(60Hz)
Monitor: BenQ FP222W (Digital)

DirectX Feature
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

----------------------------
Game Minimum PC Configuration
----------------------------

In the event of any problems, please ensure that your PC meets the minimum specification stated below.

Operating System Windows XP/Vista
Processor 1.8GHz Pentium 4 or comparable
Memory 256MB
Video card 64MB
HDD Space 5.0GB
Soundcard DirectX 9.0c or higher compliant sound card
DirectX DirectX 9.0c

Edit
Driver Update:
Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.

Note
I think my machine exceeds the game's minimum requirement, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Just be aware that the "Minimum" requirements, are based upon a clean install of Windows with zero anything else installed (ie no Antivirus, absolutely nothing)

Windows XP SP3 is reported by MS themselves as going to 512Meg of Ram (which isn't enough)
So obviously their Minimum Specs must not mean SP3 either :confused:
Edit Oh and Vista SP2 requires even more Minimum, than that, say 1 Gig absolutely Minimum (which isn't enough)

No, you actually require: ... Actually, your system is enough anyway.
Try disabling all started up applications, ie right click on all your started tray icons and select Exit, or close or disable (ideally be offline from the Internet first)

You may also have Malware installed, you could run through this guide: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
But you can't submit the logs here though (as they need to be in a new topic in the Virus & Malware removal, forum)

Which Antivirus are you using anyway?
And what other things have you got starting (or started) with Windows?

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Anti-Malware:
Windows Defender
Spybot S&D

Antivirus:
Avira Antivir Personal

I scan with updated Spybot every 3 days and I only get tracking cookies and fix them immediately. I disabled Tea Timer thinking that it was causing the graphics but it didn't help any. I have Avira which I always scan once a week so I'm guessing that I don't have any baddies in my PC but I'll run Complete Scan anyway. Will post update after the scan has finished.

Edit
By the way, I disabled a lot of Startups in msconfig to prevent my PC from slowing down.

Also you can uninstall Spybots S&D whilst you're at it
Spybots is old news, Malwarebytes is the best, ie get rid of Spybots S&D

As for MSConfig now in Diagnostic Mode, you are best to uninstall not required progrms, or open the Program itself and locate the "Start with Windows" entry and remove (untick/disable) it

Glad you have Avira, and I know MS loves Defender, but I don't

Thanks for the reply kimsland,

Well I opened a new topic about malware infection possibility here, and it seems that my PC is clean. So it must be a hardware issue. :(

Yes and I see you kept Spybots installed
Also do you need Hotspot Shield for some reason?
I don't see that much on Users computers, normally I'd say uninstall that too, but its User preference

Ok, there was nothing else in your log that concerned me

Back to hardware
Have you tried removing all internal dust on your system

Edit:
You can uninstall SUPERAntispyware too

Hi kimsland,

Sorry but I have to let my brother open the CPU because I don't have the courage to do it. Will post update once it's done.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back