Has anybody heard of this Thermal before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it will work fine... just never use too much in applying any thermal compound. I still prefer Arctic Silver 5, only because of what I am used to

its necessary for cooling,i mean that compound ,especially if you clean your pc

OLBY,
Of course thermal compound is necessary. If you didn't use it, the CPU would fry fairly quickly... I wouldn't mess with the CPUs HSF (Heatsink & Fan) during PC cleaning at all, except gently cleaning the CPU fan using a toothbrush and a vacuum cleaner brush attachment

I was wondering how well that particular compound worked, in say like comparison to arctic silver. I've never used arctic silver before so I am unsure if this brand (Roswill) is any good efficiency wise.

If I was building a hi-end computer that I was going to overclock i would use Arctic Silver. If I was building a home or business computer, I would be happy to use Rosewill RCX-TC060...
Remember, efficiency depends also on the CPU heatsink you use

Nah, seems like overpriced generic TIM to me.

AS5 is great, but has a long settling time, not to mention the fact that it is conductive, so even a little extra on the mobo will fry it. I'd advise going for a ceramique-type compound, like Tuniq TX-2 (super-cheap and on-par or better than AS5) or Arctic Cooling MX-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back