Has anyone downgrade from Vista to XP, or Xp to 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil_ski

I'm tired of wrestling with my Satellite 1805 and XP. I need to clean out spyware every couple of days or it just bogs. Has anyone tried this and has it improved performance. I know it's old and weak. It's my second computer and I just need it around for light internet use from time to time.

Then there's my newer Satellite A135. I have a new stick of RAM coming in the mail, but I seriously wonder if that will improve performance enough. The new RAM will bump it up to 2.5 gig. Vista's fancy memory devouring characteristics actually make me long for XP.

I'm just a little fed up and annoyed because I bought both computers when the XP and Vista operating systems came out. I hate trying the first model/version of cars, computers and everything else.

So if anyone has regressed, please give me a shout. I'm just curious, so nobody needs to get excited with me or anything :)

Thanks, take care,

Neil

Microsoft has pretty much admitted that those early machines do not work correctly... It is a big stink and could end up in court, as some corporations bought 500 of them at a time, only to find they are disasters in a box.

raybay said:
Microsoft has pretty much admitted that those early machines do not work correctly... It is a big stink and could end up in court, as some corporations bought 500 of them at a time, only to find they are disasters in a box.

You mean the Vista machines? Now that I think about it, My friend was/is unhappy with his Lenovo. He complained to Lenovo that Vista wasn't working that great, so they offered to sell him a discounted copy of XP professional. Funny huh?

Thanks for the info ray. Do you know happen to know what problems they were experiencing? I suppose I could look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back