TechSpot

Has my set up reached its limit?

By detrunks
Oct 11, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    I have an Asus A8N-E with 4 GB Ram, a FX-57 processor @ 2.88ghz, Radeon HD 4850 (512MB) and using Windows 7. When I try playing newer games, like Sniper: Ghost Warrior, I only get about 10 FPS. Does this sound about right for such a set up?
    Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I would suggest a new processor, along with a new mobo of course(I dont even think they make mobos that color anymore).

Are you already looking? Do you have a price range in mind?
  3. detrunks

detrunks TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 204

Yes, it is a very old mobo! I take it that you would expect such poor performance for my set-up? I have had a quick look at a new set up and would like to go for a cheap AM3 sck set-up - do you have any suggestions for the MB and CPU? Apart from gaming, my current stuff has fared well for the last 5/6 years due to upgradability.
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

What is your price range, I'm sure you will get many post here in regards to a good cpu/mobo combo.
  5. detrunks

detrunks TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 204

Hi,
    I'm looking for a MB and CPU for around £160

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.