TechSpot

Hauppage WinTV-USB2-PVR in 64-bit Vista?

By -Kestrel-
Mar 12, 2007
  1. My Vista Ultimate 64-bit install was flawless; however, there doesn't appear to be a driver available for my 24xxx series WinTV-USB2-PVR from Hauppage. They have a 32-bit driver, and a 64-bit driver for the 29xxx series. Trying to install either of those gives an error.

Is anyone aware of a workaround? Or are my choices to retain my XP partition just for the PVR, or get a newer card?

(I'm concerned if I need to get an internal card--space is at a premium in my box, with the GeForce 8800GTX in there.)

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I've seen this before in the forums. Unfortuntely there is no work-around. If you can run X64 in 32 bit mode, you might be able to use the 32 bit drivers.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

Unfortunately I think the only answer right now is to get a different card. Hauppage's driver support is abysmal at best and has been for years, and forget about any decent help if you have a problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.