Have a question

omegafate

well i think i may have done something incredibly stupid

i think....

well i turned off my laptop and left he battery in then started to remove the HD ram and wifi card to blow out the components.

i have a compaq cq60-206us and replaced the 2 gb of ram with 4 a while ago.

any way i stuck the components back in after blowing the dust out and it turned on but no POST and nor did i hear the hd spin up, that and i cant shut it down by the power button and only by unplugging it from either the battery and or adapter.

i have also tried swapping ram around and checking the ram plus doing the same with the old ram but still nothing

i have also turned it on to see if i just get a post with no HD in it to no avail then the same with no ram or hd

i went to school for pc tech but there wasnt a hands on for laptops, so im stuck dead in the water with this.

i have a feeling ive done some thing stupid by leaving the battery in but im unsure.

any help would be appreciated

Try removing the RAM and Wi-FI card again and blow out the slots again. Some dirt may have lodged inside and is interfering with the connection. If there is a partial connection, it might be causing the laptop to detect an error and not start. Just a guess though.

yea still no luck

the hd seems to not have power and the screen isnt even coming up

and when i push the power button it comes on and stays on the only other way is to completely unplug it

I wonder if a static electricity discharge was created when you blew out dust from the laptop and maybe damaged something.

Back