Have audio device installed but still no sound

Scalen

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when I check today, I lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

Attachments

• info.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 29
I did what you said. Then, I think the computer installed a new device but still no sound and when I go to device manager there is a conflict.

See the image. What should I do now?

Thank for helping

Attachments

• sound_conflicts.JPG
    sound_conflicts.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 29
What you're seeing now is expected. You uninstalled and completely removed all your audio driver files so your device now appears in Device Manager with the yellow icon because no driver is installed.

Let Windows search for the newest Realtek driver.
> Right click that audio device in Device Manager, select Update Drivers and follow the prompts to let Windows search online and install the driver

If Windows is having a problem finding it, you can also download the latest High Definition audio driver from Realtek HERE

Looks like you want download the version for XP?

Try the one labeled: Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file).

This way it should only download a single EXE file you can double click to run when it's finished

Ok, so I installed it and restarted the pc.
But it seems it came back to the beginning. Still no sound and the volume control isn't in the taskbar. Also it says no audio device.

Here some pictures.

Help please!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 15
Rats. I was hoping a clean reinstall would solve the problem :(

But from you snapshots, it looks like Windows is happy with the drivers so next check

Right click Start->Run, enter services.msc. Scroll to Windows Audio. Does it show Status=Started and StartupType=Automatic?? (see attached jpg)

/* EDIT */
btw.. is "no audio device" new? or was that in original sound problem as well?

Attachments

• Windows Audio XP.jpg
    Windows Audio XP.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 22
Yes, the status is started and the startup type is automatic.
Also, the no audio device is new. If I update driver the High Definition audio driver, the device will be installed but will still have no sound.

Well, it weird...I can hear sound if I play a music with a application like Media Player but if I go to the internet website like Youtube, there is no sound coming out. And the volume icon is still missing in the taskbar....

Someone know what's the problem? :confused:

Thank

Glad to hear you at least kinda got your sound working again

Re: youtube. i googled and found this article, maybe try to update your flash player?

Re: Volume icon. Try opening Ctrl Pnl->Sound. There should be a box to tick to display volume icon in task bar as i recall. you might try click off and back on.

youtube: I tried and nothing happen. I don't think that it's the problem.

volume icon: tried and nothing too...

Yes, I'm running on XP SP3. Sadly it doesn't work either.
Is it related to sndvol32.exe or something?

someone else on the forums may post with other/better advice as i'm running out of ideas :(

But i'll leave you with a couple last thoughts re: you tube not playing but media player does

1. I wonder if you could have accidently removed a codec you need. You can try downoading installing the K-lite codec pack has many common codecs

2. Do have your XP install CD? As you might do an XP repair which will repair all Windows file and settings back to defaults which might also correct whatever it is you did

not sure what else other to try. Sorry. G'luck

More likely a malicious program has changed permissons in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32 and made them invisible for use even at administrator level.

Start=> Run => Regedit then Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

If you don't see a list of drivers you need to right click Drivers32 => Permissions and Edit each user type entry to "Full Control" with "Apply onto" field set to "this key and subkeys".

Once done you should see all your drivers reappear. Restart PC and voila.

Chas

Hey ,
I know its a year ago :D but I have the same problem ..
what did u do to solve it plz ?
I am going crazy :D

Back