Have to boot-up twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, all. I'm having a problem with a new AMD64 3500+ EMachine (model T6532). The problem is that when I initially boot up I get nothing except the sound of a motor humming and the DVD drive light continuously flashing. I have to press and hold the power switch until it shuts down, wait thirty seconds and press it again. Second time around everything fires up perfectly. Any ideas here? Power supply maybe??
I've already tried re-seating the memory modules and even re-formatted and re-installed everything from the get-go using the recovery disk, but the problem still persists.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since neither EMachines, TigerDirect, or Emachines Authorized Service Centres can help me (this with a 90 day parts/labour warranty!).
Thanks.

There have been a number of serious problems with the T-6532. If still under warranty, contact eMachines in writing because the problem can get worse. You want to document that you have reported this defect.
You may be on the slippery slope to motherboard failure, as so many others have already gone down that hill.
If you can extend the warranty, we suggest you do that as well. Rate of total failures is very high.

T6532

Thank you very much for letting me know. I do have an extended warranty from TigerDirect but it doesn't kick in until the Emachine's 90 day warranty is up, and it basically allows me to return the machine to TigerDirect for a full refund.

I'll contact Emachine's again and arrange shipping to one of their repair centres.

And thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back