Have you been banned from Paypal for no good reason?

erwin1978

Initially, my account was placed on restrictive access due to another account supposedly having a connection with mine that had unpayed balance. That's what I was told. I never got any notice about this until I accessed my account and found the restriction placed on me. They asked me to resend identification documents and I did. Several months later and nothing had changed. I finally called them and I was told the same thing about the unpayed balance on another account that's linked to mine. I asked how it was linked and they would not tell me due to privacy and that they were investigating it. It's been over a year and few months ago my account was terminated unbeknownst to me. I was hoping paypal would clear this mess up but instead they opened up a can of whoop-***.

Well that's my story on paypal. Today I received an email about a lawsuit against paypal. Did any of you receive this as well? It says something relating to my story and I was wondering if it's legit. Paypal website is down so I can't confirm.

The same thing happend to my girlfriend.. Or at least something very simliar.

I just checked today and her account has been totally closed.

I received the same e-mail. I don't trust such emails so I deleted it without clicking on any links. When I went into PayPal directly, everything was fine. There was no mention of any lawsuits.

Originally posted by jshields13
I received the same e-mail. I don't trust such emails so I deleted it without clicking on any links. When I went into PayPal directly, everything was fine. There was no mention of any lawsuits.

I don't trust those emails either, but it takes you to a https://www.paypal.com page which acknowledges the payout and sends you to a 3rd party site which explains it in greater detail.

Back