Have you been banned from Paypal for no good reason?

By erwin1978
Jul 30, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. Initially, my account was placed on restrictive access due to another account supposedly having a connection with mine that had unpayed balance. That's what I was told. I never got any notice about this until I accessed my account and found the restriction placed on me. They asked me to resend identification documents and I did. Several months later and nothing had changed. I finally called them and I was told the same thing about the unpayed balance on another account that's linked to mine. I asked how it was linked and they would not tell me due to privacy and that they were investigating it. It's been over a year and few months ago my account was terminated unbeknownst to me. I was hoping paypal would clear this mess up but instead they opened up a can of whoop-***.

Well that's my story on paypal. Today I received an email about a lawsuit against paypal. Did any of you receive this as well? It says something relating to my story and I was wondering if it's legit. Paypal website is down so I can't confirm.
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

The same thing happend to my girlfriend.. Or at least something very simliar.

I just checked today and her account has been totally closed.
  3. jshields13

jshields13 Newcomer, in training Posts: 128

I received the same e-mail. I don't trust such emails so I deleted it without clicking on any links. When I went into PayPal directly, everything was fine. There was no mention of any lawsuits.
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I don't trust those emails either, but it takes you to a https://www.paypal.com page which acknowledges the payout and sends you to a 3rd party site which explains it in greater detail.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.