TechSpot

Have you played the new game Chivalry?

By treetops
Oct 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Its like mount and blade but pure multiplayer arena action. I found it frustratingly hard, its a mainly melee fps. However its a refreshlingly newish game style. Its pretty addictive if you don't mind what to me is a steep learning curve. Btw there is also a archer class you don't have to be melee.
  2. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Booster Posts: 330   +48

The game is not from valve, its from Torn Banner Studios, all it is is a released version of Age of Chivarly, which was a half life 2 mod, made by Tom Banner Studios. The mod was fun, the release game only looks slightly better in graphics, and gameplay felt almost identical with only a couple changes.
  3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,669   +59

Dang I could of swore I read it was valve. Looks like your right doh thats half the reason I bought it.
  4. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Booster Posts: 330   +48

Well the game is based off a great mod for one of valve's best games, so it has a good base. But yeah any game's that valve is developing would be big news and would have gotten more coverage on news sites and steam.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.