Having an Issue where Computer randomly restarts; Mini061009-01.dmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecan

Hello, I am having an issue with my computer where it will randomly restart, upon booting up again I receive a message saying Windows recovered from a serious error, upon selecting the option to see the specifics of the error i get a message saying there was an issue with the following

Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\Gecan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7fd3.dir00\Mini061009-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Gecan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7fd3.dir00\sysdata.xml

I am unsure of what these files pertain to or what they do (At least the .dmp)

The restarts are random but frequent in their recurrences.

Here is what my System Information says about my computer (Minor Details Omitted)

Code:
OS Name	Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version	5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer	NVIDIA
System Model	AWRDACPI
System Type	X86-based PC
Processor	x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1996 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date	Award Software International, Inc. F3, 8/2/2004
SMBIOS Version	2.3
Windows Directory	C:\WINDOWS
System Directory	C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device	\Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer	Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory	1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory	931.79 MB
Total Virtual Memory	2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory	1.96 GB

I use 2 hard drives, one for running Windows OS and another for storing my games, programs etc

Lets see some details on your system and eliminate Viri/Malware at the same time!

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking

Downlad then run CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds (get SLIM at bottom no Yahoo toolbar)
Run twice or more on Cleanup temps, then on left click Registry then Scan for issues also repeat till clean. You may have this from the 8 Steps.

Downlad then run ATF-Cleaner http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html Temp and Registry, repeatedly until no more found.

Downlad then run KCleaner ftp://ftp2.kcsoftwares.com/kcsoftwa/files/kcleaner.exe
Fantastic cleaner. (When installing uncheck Relevant Knowledge do not install)

Then
Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
As you have already run the CCleaner as above you may skip it!

Attach logs.

Mike

Lets see some details on your system and eliminate Viri/Malware at the same time!

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking

Downlad then run CCleaner (get SLIM at bottom no Yahoo toolbar)
Run twice or more on Cleanup temps, then on left click Registry then Scan for issues also repeat till clean. You may have this from the 8 Steps.

Downlad then run ATF-Cleaner Temp and Registry, repeatedly until no more found.

Downlad then run KCleaner
Fantastic cleaner. (When installing uncheck Relevant Knowledge do not install)

Then
Do the TechSpot 8 steps:
As you have already run the CCleaner as above you may skip it!

Attach logs.

Mike

Thanks, I'll see how everything goes, I already Own CCleaner, wonderful program :)

Will post results.

Regards,

Gecan

Note: Links removed due to ineligibility ^^

Edit: I have new information about my computer.

Upon running a check for Fan Speed and CPU Temperature I have found that when doing nothing but simply having this Web Page and MSN open the Core Temperature is around 55 degrees Celsius. From my understanding it shouldn't reach this point unless playing a high graphics game for an extended period of time and anything above 60 Degrees Celsius is dangerous.

Any insight as to what the issue here is?

I live in a desert climate that gathers a lot of dust, however I shutdown, unplug and disconnect my Tower from everything and clean it once a week.

it may require new thermal grease but I am unable to purchase any in the near future.

What do you mean by this?
Note: Links removed due to ineligibility ^^

First I don't even know anything about your Processor in order check on this, but 131 degrees F is warm but not critical.

And yes this could be your problem, but something else could be revving the engine.

See this (please note these are max temps so your processor should be 20 or so degrees cooler):
http://www.technibble.com/what-is-my-computers-maximum-cpu-temperature/

What program is giving you the temp?

Try this: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

You should remove the case and (1). see if temp drops with open case (2). Check all fans including case and GPU to assure they are spinning?

But get me the 8 Step logs asap!

Mike

What do you mean by this?

First I don't even know anything about your Processor in order check on this, but 131 degrees F is warm but not critical.

And yes this could be your problem, but something else could be revving the engine.

See this (please note these are max temps so your processor should be 20 or so degrees cooler):

What program is giving you the temp?

Try this:

You should remove the case and (1). see if temp drops with open case (2). Check all fans including case and GPU to assure they are spinning?

But get me the 8 Step logs asap!

Mike

Simply meant I had to remove the links because I have less than 5 posts :)

Currently running Superantispyware, Mbam detected a number of malware. The logs should be ready soon.

I have two hard drives, one being about 150gb and the other being about 40gb, each are around 80% full so the scans take a bit of time but I will attach the logs as soon as possible.

I took a look at the links you provided and my CPU heat is not critical like I was lead to beleive, thank you and sorry about that.

OK the MOD removed your posts that contained the logs as they are only supposed to be attached.

So now I can not refer back to them. If you had no malware in any of these other drives on these logs, then you should only need to scan c: as mostly these things will be on the windows drive.

mike

The restarts and the slightly higher temperature could mean that you need to replace the thermal paste between your CPU and cooling fan... or replace the fan itself if the computer is more than a year old.

OK the MOD removed your posts that contained the logs as they are only supposed to be attached.

So now I can not refer back to them. If you had no malware in any of these other drives on these logs, then you should only need to scan c: as mostly these things will be on the windows drive.

mike

I have not posted the log files just yet, I am waiting for each one to finish so that they can be reviewed at the same time.

The restarts and the slightly higher temperature could mean that you need to replace the thermal paste between your CPU and cooling fan... or replace the fan itself if the computer is more than a year old.

I have realized this :) Unfortunately I cannot afford to go out and buy more thermal grease at this point in time. The processor itself is rather old, as it has been about 2 years that I have had the Computer and I believe the computer itself is 3 or 4 years old.

The scans are complete (Sorry about the wait, felt ill so I took a nap)

Also I noticed that you asked what I was using, and the program i used was Speedfan.

I added a screenshot of what speedfan reports.

You were loaded! No wonder you have boot issues!

Run HJT Scan only and select and Fix all lines listed below
Also any line that has (file missing) and/or (no file) at the END of the line, ONLY at the end.

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

Another run indicated!
OK there were found/removed items in both MBAM and SAS so we need to run again as the first run likely exposed things that were not even seen the first time.

So another run Quick Scan with both will likely find more. So UPDATE run again.

Attach new logs!

Mike

Yes I realized this, I plan on more full system scans.
I got the hard drive i use for C:/ from a family member who has five children, ranging from 5 to 16.
I assume between the teenager, and the four younger ones playing game or what have you on her old computer they must have picked up a large number of malware, spyware etc.

repeating the 8 step program

No just do my post #11.

For when you complete that I have a couple more different special programs to run to finish up!

Mike

Alright, will do.

Finishing SUPERAntiSpyware quickscan right now.

Here are Hijack's and Mbam's logs

Run HJT and select to Fix the below 2 items.

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

MBAM is clean!

If SAS comes up clean only then do the following!

Download ComboFix

Get it here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html
Or here: http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Double click combofix.exe follow the prompts.

Install Recovery Console if connected to the Internet!

When finished, it will open a log.
Attach the log and a new HJT log in your next reply.

Note: Do not click combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

Mike

New problem.

Upon installing and using Combofix, my computer restarted, and now I receive debug errors with just about anything.

Trying to play World of Warcraft, opening MSN messenger, even running Visual studio i get a debug error or cannot connect.

Edit: Problem resolved through another restart though I am still unsure how to find Combofix now that it is installed.

Did not ComboFix present a log when it finished?

Did you choose to install the Repair console and was it there when you rebooted?

It may have been your Security programs so download Startup Control

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Use it and uncheck all Virus scanners Tea timer etc and reboot without them and run ComboFix again. Post the log and then run StartupCtl again and recheck all that you unchecked to put them back.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back