Having trouble opening my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

redk

Okay, so I've had my current laptop for almost three years. It's a gateway MX3410.
14.1", 1.6 GHz Turion 64 X2 processor, 2.5 GB of RAM, blah blah.

I've been overclocking it for about a year now, and have noticed that every month, the temp on my one core seems to climb, while my other core stays cool.

Example; Right now, with just this page and MSN open, my cores are sitting at 25*C, and 45*C.

So, having a TON of experience with desktop computers and their innards, I figure I'll pop open the laptop, clean the HSF out, and change the thermal compound to AS5.

Well, I took out all the screws and I couldn't get the damn thing open!
One side omes apart, and the other side stays "locked" in place. I looked for extra screws I missed, but am 100% sure there are none.

Does anyone here have experience opening laptops (especially Gateways) and know how to get the thing open?

Thanks for all your help,
Kyle.

I've never opened a gateway, but i have opened a few hp's, an apple, and a dell, and for most of them you need to do a bit of prying to get the casing up. The casing is often locked down by a plastic clip. Insert a thin pocket knife blade, or something similar, into the crack, and slide it along the crack where the two pieces of plastic join. this should pop the little clips apart. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back