TechSpot

Having trouble powering up my computer.

By SirHardenThicke
Mar 4, 2007
  1. Everytime I shut down for the night and turn my compute back on the next morning....I don't see my desktop on the screen. It seems the computer "stops". But when I press ctlr+alt+del and select restarts it seems to reboot properly.

Also...when I shut down I see a window that says "missing virus definitions". It only shows up 1-2 seconds and then the computer shuts down normally.

2. be_patient

be_patient TS Rookie Posts: 105

missing virus definition?! what virus protector do you have? and/or did you previously uninstall. if you recently uninstalled a virus protector it might have done so incorrectly. Similar thing happened to me with McAfee (which i suggest no-one should ever get!) when i attempted to uninstall, i simply re installed and then uninstalled it again. Then i got my registry cleaner, (registry booster and also used ccleaner) and it was good as gold! but i did not have the first sympton so...

hope that helps :S

be patient

3. SirHardenThicke

SirHardenThicke TS Rookie Topic Starter

Symantec Antivirus

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.