Having trouble with Ventrilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealot4532

Ever since I got my laptop Ventrilo has been running fine. But after an update for Vista, everythime I try to access any of the servers I use it crashes my computer.
Anybody got any advice for me?

Service Pack 1, alright, how old is your Ventrilo software and is it fully compatible with Vista, I'm not exactly sure how much hte SP actually controls but it may be enough?

It's the 3.0.5 and yea it is but i dunno anythin else about computers...my god i hate not knowing what to do

Nice details...:dead:
Alright, is it still crashing and what exactly happens when it crashes?:suspiciou

Ok when I launch vent it'll start but whenever I try to connect, it crashes and freezes up the computer and i cant do anything unless I force reboot.

whaaat?
ohhhhhh i must be thinking about windows XP :(
sorry again.
so lets try 1 more time to help XD
Did you try re-installing? If you did, did you try system restore? maybe restore it to a date that it did work?

whaaat?
ohhhhhh i must be thinking about windows XP :(
sorry again.
so lets try 1 more time to help XD
Did you try re-installing? If you did, did you try system restore? maybe restore it to a date that it did work?

yes and it didnt work it did the same thing no matter what i did

I am but it's not freezing up anymore but it won't connect to the server... It keeps showing the same message no matter how ling it's open. It keeps saying "Contacting Server". I don't know what to do.

Nevemind I fixed it. It was a problem with Sunbelt Firewall. It was set to let Vent access outside the computer but not in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back