HD 3450 game compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamitemonkey

I'm getting a dell studio laptop, which comes with the ati radeon hd3450 graphics card (256 mb.) There's not much info out there on what games it can cope with so if anyone knows, how would it do with these:

Half Life 2: Episode 2
Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War
Prey
Quake 4
Monkey Island (Lol...just to make sure one of the games would work well)

I'm realistic that this isnt a super gaming card, but if it can run these games at even low settings with decent playable fps then be sweet.

Cheers

Well>>>

KK buddy so heres whats going to happen gears will run probably without any issues bioshock will run on medium completely fine and so will cod 4 half life 2 as well

The most demanding games on that list are, without a doubt, BioShock and Gears of War... which are both loosely based on the same technology. Depending on what CPU is in that notebook will ultimately determine how good the games will play. The GPU should run each game, with the exception of Gears and BioShock, just fine at high-ish settings. I'm not sure if you'd be able to max out the texture resolution for the big 2 with only 256 megs of vRAM but you should have no problem with the other games.

Cool. Yeh, I'm not too worried if i have to play them on medium or lower settings. As much as I would love to play them in all their graphical glory, gameply is more important. Definitely getting bioshock, and trying to decide between gears of war and cod4 for the next one to buy. Prob get them all at some point.

The CPU is a T5750 2GHz core2duo, 667 bus and 2MB cache, so think it should be fine in that sense. And gettin 3Gig ram.

Thanks for replies. So hard to find useful info on this card otherwise. Can't wait to play some new games...

Also...I know its a long shot cause its an extremely demanding game, but any idea if assassins creed would run? Prob not with any decent framerate id reckon...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back