HD 6870 fan running, no video output

By Mitchell1995
Dec 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A few months back i purchased a premade acer computer. It had 4GB of RAM, an i3-2100, small power supply, no video card. I bought a saphire hd 6870 video card and installed it and have been playing games for two months, i also bought and installed a 500 watt power supply. Today i went out and bought 8 gigs of corsair vengeance RAM. I installed it without a hitch. I went to turn on the computer and a very loud noise occurred and the screen was all gross, like not all the drivers were installed. I turned it off and realized i hadnt hooked up the second six pin connector to the card. I plugged it back in and then i got no display. I unplugged it again. I went into the operating system and saw it registered my 8 gb but not my video card. I am currently going to try to reseat the video card but any help solving this problem would be great in the mean time.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

So did the reseat work?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.