HD Partition not detected.

By whtddusy516
Apr 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had come to a decision to do a clean install of Windows XP because I had completely cluttered my whole system with useless junk and errors were popping up everywhere. I had two partitions, C [120Gb] and G [20gb] both on the same HD, and I had made G with Partition Magic 8. I had moved all of my important files over to G [mainly music, and a couple of files i normally install]. So I did the install and I had noticed that it said G was unknown [First step of installing XP when choosing the partitions] but I didn't really pay attention to it. So when it was done I went into My Computer to go install some things and G was renamed D [I don't think thats really the problem], and when I clicked it it said that D was unreadable or corrupt. This is a hugeee problem, especially since I had put an essay on their thats due tomorrow for school, and if I don't have it im f*****, and I have 12gb of music which I really don't feel like copying onto my computer again...not enough time haha.

Is it the Partition Magic thats the problem right now? I honestly have no idea what could have caused this since I've done it before. Or should I start downloading a Linux Live CD? haha.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Edit:
    False alarm, thank god. I installed SP2 and now I can get to everything, so no worries. If that was the actual reason why..I have no idea...but it works so I don't care lol.
    :]
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.