TechSpot

HDD Bracket for Asus G50V Series

By Coda22
Nov 14, 2008
  1. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,929   +167

2. Coda22

Coda22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

Not sure if that is the correct one. I have opened up the bay and I looked at the one that is already in there and to be honest this one looks more like it.

http://www.laptopking.com/kingpartdetails.asp?ref=348&category=caddys

I know it's not going to work though. It says to makes sure your model number is listed above. I have the Asus G50Vt. I don't see that anywhere. Thanks for trying to help me.

3. Tmagic650

Go for the part you posted... We often have to go by sight when buying parts. I didn't even know Asus made laptops. Most of my laptop part suppliers make no mention of Asus at all

4. Coda22

Coda22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

I guess I can do that, but I don't think I want to chance it. It very clearly states that you need to make sure your model matches the ones listed. I don't want to go through the hassle of returning something that doesn't work. Especially to California from NJ. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and keep looking. Or maybe I can get a Best Buy employee to give me one off a display model. :haha:

I honestly wasn't aware that Asus made such good laptops, let alone made any at all. But many different places carry Asus laptops. I picked mine up at Best Buy even though I probably could have waited and purchased from a reseller for better resolution and processor. But I couldn't wait so I just went ahead and bought it. Here is the exact model I purchased.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9050279&type=product&id=1218012519873

5. Tmagic650

There might be other numbers other than the obvious G50V that can help you identify the right caddy. Try calling some laptop parts suppliers. and ask them for help finding the proper caddy. They will ask you for the proper G50V sub-model or service number/serial number

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.