HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell laptop is displaying this message upon booting up. I have no idea how to start fixing it or figuring out whether it is fixable.

My dell charger is worn out, and the computer has not recognized it -- it still gets power to the computer, but the computer does not recognize it as a dell charger, and therefor I can run the computer on AC power but it cannot charge. I haven't needed to use my laptop out of my house in awhile so I haven't really worried about it, but can the fact that the battery has been totally drained for awhile (about a week, I think -- and totally drained, if I unplug the charger it turns off immediately) have something to do with it? I have it on a working charger right now trying to revive the battery, but the battery light is not on so I don't think it's even charging.

If trying to charge it doesn't help, what do I do? I can still run setup and the boot menu but I have no idea what to do when running these.

"My dell charger is worn out, and the computer has not recognized it"...

Your post is confusing. Are you talking about the AC adapter (charger) here? If the charger isn't being recognized by the laptop, how is the charger able to power the laptop?

The laptops internal battery is probably dead. They don't last forever. What about this " HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected"...?"

This means that there is something seriously wrong with the hard drive. This hard drive stores all your data, pictures, email and Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back