HDD performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Hey,
Will having a few pictures, some video clips and say some sound tracs or albums on my computer in the "My Documents" bit, make my gaming performance slightly poorer? cus, i want the best gaming experiance i can get out of my pc but not sure if having pics, music and video on it is going to make it slower.

I know i can put them on the hard drive insted of on the RAM,. but im just wondering if i need to.

Thanx...Sorry if this is the most dumb assed question any ones ever herd of btw......

- Title edited :)
Didou

Yes, your My Documents files are already on your Hard Drive. They shouldn't impact your preformance too much. Those files are definitely not in your RAM, unless you're viewing or playing those files at the same time.

Or perhaps if they are shared on a network and others are accessing them at the same time he's gaming.

but I doubt thats what he's trying to get at

The only ways having those files on your Hard Drive is going to affect performance, is if they take up a lot of space, and you are low on space on your hard drive. The other way is as SNGX and Storm said - if someone else or another application is accessing them. You can't "save" something to your RAM...it doesn't work that way. Your My Documents folder is on your hard drive, just like every other folder in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back