Hdd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoboy1994

i bought an WD my passport 320gb (external), and the most of the times when i copy files to the hdd it freazes.when i connected it to an other computer it worked fine.What is the problem? something with my motherboard or something alse?

motherboard: ECS: P4VXASD2+ (ATA133 Supports Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 IDE devices, data transfer rate up to 133MB/s)
Windows XP pro
graphics card: ATI Radeon 9250(Sapphire)
hdd(internal): WD 160gb
Maxtor 200gb

Have you tried copying files to another drive, like a flash drive or another hard drive ? that way you can figure out if its the computer. Also try uninstalling the hdd in device manager whilst its plugged in then remove it and reconnect it again.

i had tried to unistalled and installed it but nothing
i had copied the files through the LAN and it worked fine

why it doesn't work properly

*note(i forgot before time): when i'm trying to format th hdd from my computer it stops at 2% and it is seys that the divice has many bad sectors.
i whent my hdd for the warranty the checked for bad sectors but they din't find any error

Make sure you are plugging it into a USB 2.0 port. If your mobo supports it, try the ports on the back rather than any front-mounted ones. I have found more than a few systems have USB 1.1 on the front (or top) ports, but if it supports 2.0 the ones on the header will be full speed.

Also, disable the Windows File Indexing feature on the drive (right click drive, choose properties and uncheck the box.)

didn't work.....

(something alse, it was and still it reconnecting ex: when i see a video, when i don't do anithing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back