HDD shows as "device not ready"

HI all, i have this external hdd verbatim 2tb and it has been working fine for a while but all of the sudden it stopped working, i changed the power cable and it started working again but there is still a problem.

It won't show up in my computer and even the program KILLDISK says it isn't ready...
please i need help regarding this as fast as possible.

also in disk manager it say's not initialized and when i try to initialize it say's device not ready as well...

in device manager the hdd has the name USB device and nothing else, i've tried to reinstall the drivers, changing usb cable. I would love to format it but no program seem to see it as a HDD so please i need help...

thank you for reading :)

// mackesacke

If your up for it, I would take the harddrive out and plug it into a computer or another external case. If it works then the case has gone bad. that'll be an easy fix. If it continues to malfunction after switching cases you may have a bad harddrive then.

Well do you think that it would help? i think that the power cable i use atm dont provide enough volts so if it could help i would buy it for sure.

Back