HDD sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do anyone else know the normal hdd sound, i mean, when it running. I dont know how to tell here, but surely my 320gb sataII hdd make a noise (it sounds like disc run.. slow n then fast, im not sure the cause, is it form pwr source or any problem ?... Currently i used 3hdd, first one is WD 250GB IDE, 2nd one is WD 320gb SATA and last one WD 160gb SATA... Power supply is about 450watt... OK thank you...

Western Digital drives seem to be more noisy than most other brands. The higher capacity drives tend to make a little more noise too. As long as you keep them cool and don't have any problems... Don't worry

reply:hdd

Thank you, for your reply... my pc running smoothly, only sound of hard disk, as you answered as before, i think it was right... another problem (previous one it accepted), my dad's laptop previously display an error in vista... it show error message like " please backup your drive n it predicted to seem corrupt"... To avoid n for safety precautions, i bought a new hard disk, and installed it as usual. Now it was OK. hmm, to make sure the previous hdd is function, i try install it into my pc, using same sata hdd configuration (* but hdd dimension is for notebook)... It seems OK, now, i tried to using it as common hdd for PC... May i stored data here, i'm very confuses... is it very safe to save my data here ...(as internal hdd for pc).. Thank Q

For Information:
Nbook : Lenovo, hdd: WD Scorpio 160GB SATA.
The error message shows up before windows loading, that mean, after BIOS screen.

Run the diagnostic utility from the manufacturer, if it passes the drive is likely as safe as possible. But hard drives do and will fail, so I encourage you to never have anything important stored in only one place,

Western Digital has a hard drive diagnostic utility, that will test the drives SMART status and overall condition. This utility is different than the install utility you used to partition the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back