HDMI Slow Strobe - GeForece 9200 - Acer Aspire X1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy!

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me some insight on an issue I'm having. My computer (Acer X1200 series) was connected to my monitor both via a VGA and HDMI cable. I know I don't need both. When I unplug the HDMI the picture is fine, VGA is auto selected I assume. However, when I keep the HDMI plugged in and unplug the VGA the picture flashes in about once every ten seconds for a half a second (like a really really really slow strobe light).

I've restarted the computer with just the HDMI cord in and the same things happens (really slow strobing). However, if I start the computer in safe mode, the HDMI works fine (REALLY weird eh?).

The card is a GeForce 9200 series, hooked up to a HP w2207h monitor. The monitor detects that it should be able to switch between the two fine.

In the BIOS for Integrated Perihperals there is nothing about HDMI video or any video for that matter (only HDMI Audio).

So.. it does not seem to be a hardware issue or a BIOS issue. In the nVidia Control panel under one of the settings it says Connector: VGA, but there is not option to change it there to autoselect or HDMI. My ultimate goal is to just have the HDMI cable running from my computer to my monitor to free up the VGA slot.

ANY help would be awesome. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back