hdmi to dvi for lcd computer monitor

By twite
Apr 2, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I got a 37" lg lcd, and it has a vga output, but its not very good quality. So, if i got a dvi to hdmi cable, would it look any better? the T.vs res is only 1360/768..so do you think its the vga cable that is holding it back, or simply, the t.v. isnt a monitor?

The main purpose of the T.V, was, to watch t.v., But i thought it would be interesting to be able to play pc games on it..so help would be great.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

A VGA cable can do easily resolutions like 1600x1200. Unless you have a really long cable, then the problem is the VGA input on your TV.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

I've seen that quite often the problem is the DB15 input on the TV - and switching to a DVI -> HDMI cable vastly improves this. That's how I currently have my PC connected to my TV.
  4. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

Great, thanks for the advice. I ordered the cable from newegg yesterday, so i will keep posted on the results.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.