Headphones and Speakers both play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Acer Aspire 5630 Notebook. My speakers and headphones play at the same time. This was not always the case, and I want my main speakers to mute when I plug the headphones in. All my drivers are up to date, and my computer has HD Realtek manager audio. Any suggestions?

Did you try another pair of headphones? it might be that the audio plug on your laptop(if it isn't a driver problem then it's a hardware problem) is broken from overuse or if you pulled too hard the audio jack.

Russ - I have already uninstalled my sound driver (which automatically reinstalled upon restart), though the issue persists

Puiu - I've tried several different headphone types, including my external mic (which usually will trigger the headphone-speaker mute.

While searching the net for a solution I came across one forum that referenced a similar sound issue with the Acer Aspire laptops, but the reference was one to a person asking if they could use both Jack and speakers at the same time - the opposite of my problem.

Thanks for the thoughts so far...

try uninstalling the driver from safe mode and install it also from safe mode. you should not let windows automatically install it again.

try uninstalling the driver from safe mode and install it also from safe mode. you should not let windows automatically install it again.

I uninstalled and manually reinstalled the sound drivers in safemode, but to no avail. The new driver was a generic windows driver, but the issue persisted. Incidently, my new usb headphones/mic setup (Everyman by skype) bypasses the issue by using the USB connection and software that cancells the main speakers. The normal headphone jack issue still persists though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back