TechSpot

Heatsinks location

By Kothas
Jun 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    today I bought Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO on my ASUS 4850. But on instructions for heatsinks it shows 4870, I know this is similar cards but mine is different. Where I should put these heatsinks on this card?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    I think they should go here. I'm right?

[​IMG]

2. sjatin68

sjatin68 TS Rookie

try something else for vrm and memory

your placement is correct but the vrm and memory heatsinks that arctic provides are crap
    go to eteknix.com and see the review of this cooler
    the vrm got heated up to 142 c
    the gpu stays cool but the vrm gets literally burnt

3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

The smaller ones are for the memory modules, the long HS is for the VRM section, you have the ones in front of the line of caps and in front changed around. (the memory modules are the ones that surround the GPU.

[​IMG]

Pink is the GPU
    Green is memory
    Blue is the VRM

Not exactly the same as yours, but you get the idea
    [​IMG]

make sure you clean off that old thermal compound and apply new stuff. Just for future reference, from the pattern left by the compound, it looks like you pulled up when you took the stock HS off. best to use twist lightly to break it loose or you can damage the GPU if not pull it right out of the PCB.
    Hope that helped.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.