Heavy Rain On PS3: PC not best at graphics anymore

By Twister123
Aug 26, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,277   +22

This is a highly-uninformed article that obviously ignores a lot of facts. How did the writer assume PC gaming is solely dependent on graphics quality? And where the hell is he getting the "$1500 to build a gaming PC" line from?

The graphics don't look that great either, primarily because they are rendered on static backgrounds, as opposed to Crysis' real-time rendered ones. The overall on-screen polygon count in Crysis is also far higher than in Heavy Rain. The very fact that Crysis cannot be ported to consoles is proof of its next-generation visuals.
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

@Rage_3k
    I read the article before your post, and almost felt a need to say something similar to what you said above, but decided not to as there may be some fan(ish) boy input behind the original article and moving over to this site.
  3. Twister123

Twister123 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 219

PS3 rocks , its true , its true, its true !

whats that dire straits song :
    I want my , I want my, I want my PS3 .

They were visionaries man .
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +229

I'm an admitted PS3 fanboy and even I would never repeat the title of this thread to anyone.
  5. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 451   +33

Agree 100%,but would love it if the title was true though.
  6. Twister123

Maybe a question mark at the end of the title would help , the linked page only says ps3 graphics appear as good as pc .
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

Knowing more about both hardwares and what they're capable of, along with the graphics engines would totally delete the thread, in retrospect.
  8. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,198   +105

9. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +64

I think Moiz nailed it. while watching the trailer i thought it reminded me of when someone turns up the distortion pedal to mask their bad guitar playing. Human movement and facial expression did look awfully good though.
    here is another trailer for anyone interested
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-heavy-rain/50384
  10. Twister123

the trailer looks very good , everyone says its not possible ps3 can be as good as pc so maybe its not , I saw the article and had to put it up here , ps3 fans will know what I mean .
  11. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,198   +105

i have heard crysis 2 is coming to consoles. Im sure that will sort the men from the boys :)
  12. hamas123

hamas123 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 499

When is this going to be released....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.