hello everyone... my hijackthis... and an introduction

By Vikkilea
May 25, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there :)

Im Vikki, im 16, computers are my hobby, and the internet

Got my laptop, win XP, the usual.

I know how to work it, i feel that i could probably help people on this forum with spyware troubles

and because it seems to be the cool thing to do, here is my hijackthis file ;)

what do you think, is my computer diseased? :)

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

It look OK.

One thing to send shivers down my spine is Messenger Plus though. They have a nasty spyware history and even though they have supposedly cleaned up their act I still consider it "fishyware"

3. Vikkilea

Vikkilea TS Rookie Topic Starter

well obviously i said no to the spyware, and ms's antispyware picked up on it and basically told me to 'watch out' :p Sypbot and Adware make allowances for it though.

ive had no problems with it, and the guy who made it is respectable, so, im okay with that.

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Let's find out how good you are:
    MsgPlus.exe
    winampa.exe
    flashget.exe

There's nothing 'cool' about submitting a log just for fun.

5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Pleased to meet you, Vikki.

6. Vikkilea

Vikkilea TS Rookie Topic Starter

flashgets popups are so annoying, but i havent got around to uninstalling it yet, i used it to download a 500mb file that needed 50 retrys...

winampa.exe is spyware or something - even though i admit i didnt know that until i read the sticky about it somewhere :p

msgplus has bundled toolbar, but obv i said no - even though people continue to mistrust it. the maker, patchou, has tried to ensure that people are well aware of its additional software, but still *****s install it then complain to me

if msgplus still has spyware, then ive saw none of it, so im happy.

and the cool bit - i was joking.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.