TechSpot

Hello, having problems posting

By sammyboy
Nov 19, 2008
Post New Reply
  1. Hello there,
    Just like to take this opportunity to say hi to everyone being relatively new to this site.
    I'm having some slight teething troubles however, in as much as I can't post a new thread in any other part of the forums than this one, I get this message:

sammyboy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thing is, I've already activated my account via the email that was sent to me when I registered, so I am left clueless as to what could be wrong.
    Any ideas anyone?

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 TS Rookie Posts: 136

Some things, like PMing, posting in some forums,and a few others require you to have a certain number of posts under your belt before they can be active.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

Try replying here, from our end it would seem like there is no problem but it's you doing something wrong.

4. sammyboy

sammyboy TS Rookie Topic Starter

OK, I will try doing the confirmation email again to see if that helps.
    I can post here fine, it's just a problem when I want to start a thread.

5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Run CCleaner

Then create a new thread again in one of the forums (ideally one that you need help on ;) )