TechSpot

Hello..i have this weirrrd problem in my computer.

By luv2playcs
Oct 13, 2006
  1. this weird problem,System Idle Process,it keeps going up to 90 or 98% then goes down then shoots up again

i have this programs installed in my computer:

Symantec Coporate Antivirus

Sony Ericsson W700i mobile phone tools

WLM Ripper

Windows Live messenger

Intel Extreme Graphics

Steam Powered(to play HL and CS)

SoundMan

creative SB Live n Creative prodikeys

Computer Specs :

1 gig ram

P4 2.4gig pentium

Iwill Original Casing and Mother

what's the problem?

someone please help?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

That`s perfectly normal.

The system idle process means the amount of resources you have left. Not what`s being used.

If you study the processes tab in task manager, you will see what processes are using in terms of resources. As these processes fluctuate, you will notice your system idle process fluctuates as well.

Regards Howard :)

3. luv2playcs

luv2playcs TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 59

yeah..ok..i get what you mean but..the computer sometimes lag cos of system idle process.is there a way to stop it from lagging? the last installed program was WS_FTP and that started to lagg my pc and i uninstalled it then System Idle Process still goes to 98 97%.sometimes,when i'm talkin in msn,it started to hang then ok.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Perhaps it is the Norton anti-virus program you have installed. It is probably scanning in the background and hogging resources while doing so.

5. sellmesanity

sellmesanity TS Rookie Posts: 162

Well those intel integrated video cards really lag everything out, I had a PC with that. Is that your primary video?

6. luv2playcs

no....not possible.its process after typing ctrl alt delete is RtvScan.exe right?

if it is,its not doing anything.

its 0 %

7. luv2playcs

well..its my primary video card..i can't buy another card cuz i got no $$ and i hv no time going out.

any more ideas how?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.